We recently did a poll about what critique people wanted help answering and by 3 votes the winner was Neoliberalism. Before the article comes out we are rolling out a new feature- the Ev Challenge: the person who submits the best card to read as an Aff. answer to the Neoliberalism critique will win a $500 scholarship to any 2014 University of Michigan Debate Camp. The deadline for submissions will be 11:59 pm October 28th.
Here are the rules
1. Each person can submit 1 card in the comments section, your submission must be made using your Facebook page as a log-in so we can verify it is 1 submission per person. Judges won’t vote for/evaluate their own students if they make a submission.
2. You can enter a card of any length but it must be cited completely including page numbers if it’s a book/pdf
3. There are a lot of different cards you may want to read to answer neoliberalism- impact turns, framework, alternative indicts etc.- what we are imagining is that you misallocated time and only have enough to read 1 card- so factor strategy into your submission.
4. Common cards everyone knows about like “cap solves peace- Griswald 7”- will be heavily discounted- we are looking for original research.
5. Evidence will be judged by the HSI staff
6. If there are similar submissions-i.e. 2 cards that overlap in terms of what is being quoted or are the same- whoever submitted first will be the victor
So what makes a good card? We will be looking for things like multiple warrants, good explanation, qualified authors, recent date etc.